Answer question 3, and three other questions.
- Describe briefly the Life, Teaching and Achievements of any one of the following Religious or Moral leaders:–
PLATO – SOCRATES – CONFUCIUS – BUDDHA – MOHAMMED – MOSES – AMOS – PAUL of TARSUS – FRANCIS of ASSISI – St. AUGUSTINE – JOHN WESLEY – TREVOR HUDDLESTON.
- What were the Israelite ideas about Yahweh (Jehovah)?
Mention some examples of how God led, taught and disciplined His People, and led them to a truer understanding of His real nature.
- EITHER: What kind of God did Jesus reveal to us in His Life or Teaching?
OR: If someone who had never heard of Jesus were to ask you to describe Him, what three incidents in His life would you relate? Give reasons.
- Give a summary either of the Sermon on the Mount or of the Beatitudes. Discuss the meaning of these ideas for the individual and for Society.
- Write a report for your Newspaper describing a remarkable escape made by one of the following:–
DAVID – HEZEKIAH – DANIEL – ESTHER – SIMON PETER – PAUL of TARSUS.
- Choose any one hymn which you like or dislike. Write out at least one verse of the hymn as accurately as possible. Explain the theme and meaning of the hymn or verse(s) and justify your attitude to the hymn.
- The Authorised Version of the Bible has been constantly in use in Churches since 1611. In recent years, however, modern versions of the Bible have been widely used in Church Services and for private reading. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of the Authorized Version and the modern versions?
- Reproduce a page from the Diary of any one man or woman who was healed or rebuked by Jesus.
- Our Lord's intention was to found One Church but today there are many Churches throughout the world. Discuss ways in which you think Christians can help to bring about the reunion of their Churches.
- Mention any one book you have read, whether fictional or factual, which has influenced your ideas about Religion or Christianity. Give a very brief outline of the book and describe how it has affected your ideas.
Probably set by Jim Bruce; contributed by John Morris, November 2007
The inconsistent spelling of Authorised/Authorized is copied from the original.